As promised, I will share with you 10 (maybe) ways I deal with homesickness.
I hope it works for you too!
- Go to Starbucks.
Yes, we hear this more often than not, but doing something spontaneous especially when you are missing home is such a great way to feel closer to home.
Here are 9 other ways I deal with homesickness:
- Become involved in your community.
- Exercise. Seriously. Do it.
- FaceTime your family and friends regularly.
- Join the fan club for a major sport. Go Cats!
- Try new restaurants… Seriously! Australia has the best cuisine imaginable.
- Join clubs or forums.
- Go shopping early because the shops close relatively early. I am not joking.
- Acceptance. It’s okay to feel homesick. Watch Pride and Prejudice, cry, and enjoy a nice slice of chocolate cake.
Now that I’ve shared my personal secrets to dealing with homesickness, what are your tips?